- Home Learning week beginning 6th & 13th July
- Mini Ladybird Cut Outs 6th to 13th July
- Minibeast hunt 6th and 13th July
- Minibeast sort for 6th to 13th July
- Positional language Cards 6th to 13th July
- Home Learning week beginning 22nd & 29th June
- Home Learning week beginning 8th & 15th June
- Home Learning - 1st June
- jaspers bean stalk cards 18th May
- Home Learning - 18th May
- Home Learning - 11th May
- Home Learning - 4th May
- Home Learning - 27th April
- Home Learning - 20th April
4.5.20 - Mrs Sizer introduces this week's stories.
Oliver's Vegetables (Vivian French) & Oliver's Fruit Salad (Vivian French)
A message from Miss Guild to the Field mice...
A message from Mrs Sizer to the Dormice...
A message from Mrs Pierrepont to the Fieldmice and Dormice...
A message from Mrs Stinson to the Fieldmice and Dormice...
A message from Mrs Kitchen to the Fieldmice and Dormice...
Mrs Sizer introduces the Planet Oceans theme...
Welcome to Foundation Stage at Nafferton Primary School where we aim to provide a safe, enabling environment in which children feel part of a community, are valued and safe, enjoy and achieve.
This is done by:
- Building on the child’s learning from the end of their pre-schools.
- Ensuring quality and consistency, so that all children make good progress.
- Provide a secure foundation which creates exciting and creative learning opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of the children and are informed by talking and developing a deep understanding of the children and through regular team discussions.
- Working as partners with parents.
We believe play is essential to childhood. Play is a child’s means of expression and discovery. When children explore and re-enact with others, they grow socially, and their understanding of the world is strengthened. Children learn to concentrate, be creative, make decisions, problem solve, work with others, build resilience and persist when faced with challenge. Many play based activities take place outside where children have access to two well-resourced outdoor areas.
Please enjoy looking through the photographs of some of the activities we have enjoyed this year.
In Foundation & KS1 we follow the letters and sounds programme to deliver Phonics.
This document is supplemented by a range of materials to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved.
Mr Johnson's Shoes - counting in twos
Life Cycles of a Frog
Black and White Day
World Book Day
Making leek and potato soup to celebrate St David's Day
Our book of the week is Owl Babies
Field Mice gymnastics
Following a space boot footprint discovery, we measured and compared our own feet.
Hidden Horizons came to visit our school this week with their incredible Space Dome.
SPACE - Whatever next...
Spring Phase Christmas party
Christmas Lunch in Christmas Jumpers
Christmas - Stay and Create
Queen of Hearts - Jam Tarts
Alice in Wonderland
Road Safety Awareness Week
Children In Need 2019
Our Autumn Walk
Taking food to the food bank, chopping vegetables and eating harvest vegetable soup
Book of the Week: The Hungry Caterpillar
Our Book of the Week this week is The Three Little Pigs.
Creating shapes on the playground
Our Book of the Week this week was My Five Senses
Below are some images of children exploring with their senses.
Book of the week: Kippers Birthday
Book of the week: Gingerbread Man
Gingerbread Man baking
Going on a Bear Hunt
Parachute games and listening to instructions