Nafferton Primary School has a fantastic and enthused attitude towards music. We are a singing and performing school with many school musical performances every year. A few of these include the Harvest festival, Easter celebration and the Nativity. The whole school enjoy weekly hymn singing and we provide many alternative music opportunities as we continue to share our love of music. From Year 2 upwards, each year group receives a wider musical opportunity for the duration of a term. Year 2s begin with ocarina lessons, Year 3s learn to play the recorder, in Year 4, children learn to sing in Chinese in partnership with Hull University and the Confucius Project. For music in Year 5, children are taught to play the ukulele and in Year 6, pupils are taught to play the steel pans. Alongside singing, performing and wider musical opportunities, we invite the Schools’ Music Service to provide additional music lessons in a given instrument.
- Music Home Learning Week 1
- Music Home Learning Week 2
- Music Home Learning Week 3 - 27th April
- Music Home Learning Week 5 - 11th May
- Music Homework Week 6-18th May (2 weeks YV challenge)
- Music Home Learning Week 8 - 8th June
- Music Home Learning week 9 - 15th June
- Music Home Learning week 10 - 22nd June
- Music Home Learning Week 12 - 6th July
- Music Home Learning week 13 - 13th July
Muisc Home learning Week 4 - 4th May, 2020 - Miss Searby and using your instruments...
Miss Searby is really getting into the rhythm of things!
Get creative and send in your raps to us. Remember to keep it cool!