- protecting children and learners from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s and learners’ health or development
- ensuring that children and learners are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- undertaking that role so as to enable those children and learners to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
Two key inspection issues follow from this definition:
- the effectiveness of settings and services in taking reasonable steps to ensure that children and learners are safe
- the effectiveness of settings and services in helping to ensure that children and learners feel safe.
Click here to read Keeping Children Safe in Education
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Mr P Johnson (Headteacher)|
|Deputy Safeguarding Lead||Mrs Stevenson-Guild, Mrs Rothwell, Mrs Smith|
|Safeguarding Governor||Mrs L Twinn (Chair of Governors)|
|LADO Safeguarding Officer||
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
|EHaSH (Early Help & Support)||01482 395500|