- protecting children and learners from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s and learners’ health or development
- ensuring that children and learners are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- undertaking that role so as to enable those children and learners to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
Two key inspection issues follow from this definition:
- the effectiveness of settings and services in taking reasonable steps to ensure that children and learners are safe
- the effectiveness of settings and services in helping to ensure that children and learners feel safe.
Click here to view Ofsted's safeguarding reports.
Click here to view our Child Protection (draft) Policy (we are currently updating this document).
|Designated Safeguarding Lead||Mr P Johnson (Headteacher)|
|Deputy Safeguarding Lead||Miss T Guild|
|SENCO||Miss T Guild|
|Safeguarding Governor||Mrs L Twinn (Chair of Governors)|
|LA Safeguarding Officer||S Tomkins|
|EHaSH (Early Help & Support)||01482 395500|