FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Did you know just registering your child for free school meals means that our school gets extra money to support your child? The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families to do their very best. This funding is called a "Pupil Premium".
Registration will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Even if your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 please register.
Even if your child does not want to have school dinners please register.
If you are registered for Free School Meals you could get other benefits, such as free music tuition, help towards the cost of school visits, free Holiday Activities, connections to Food Schemes, and access to a separate scheme such as the Covid Support Vouchers to provide you additional support.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
To apply please telephone:
(01482) 394799. You will need to provide your National Insurance number.
Apply on line via East Riding of Yorkshire Council Free school meals (eastriding.gov.uk) (click on this link and follow the instructions)
Pop into the Customer Service Centre in Driffield
If you are eligible East Riding of Yorkshire Council will notify the school and your child will receive free school meals and Pupil Premium immediately
We pride ourselves in supplying our children with excellent food. We feel that it is one of the most important parts of a child's life - to eat properly.
Eating a healthy diet enables a child to live life to the full and gives them a better performance all round, specifically helping with their concentration levels - which in turn affects achievement.
So we encourage all of our children to have a school dinner. We have a high uptake of school dinners at our school. Its good to know that our children are getting a well balance and healthy school meal.
Our Current Menu