SEND Information (Special Educational Need/s and/or Disabilities)
Nafferton Primary School Information Report.
From the start of your child’s educational journey at Nafferton Primary School we welcome everyone into our community. We have a positive and enthusiastic approach to ensuring that we meet the needs of all children including those with Special Education Needs and/or disabilities.
Our Special Needs Policy ensures that all pupils, whatever their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school. We are committed to identifying barriers to learning and narrowing the attainment gap between children with SEND and their non-SEND peers. Our aim is to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with a Special Educational Need/s and/or Disabilities being met in our mainstream setting. In order to do this many steps are taken to support them through their learning journey.
Nafferton Primary School works hard to ensure that all pupils:
- Have equal access to resources, interventions and provision.
- Can learn and make progress according to their individual development level.
- Have a wide and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs.
- Are assessed using appropriate tools and guidelines.
- Have access to Quality First Teaching in the classroom.
- We have trained professionals who provide support.
We pay due regard to all relevant Legislation and guidance including; the SEND Code Of Practice (2014), the Equality Act (2010) and the Children and Families Act (2014)
If you need to speak to our school SEND Co-ordinator, please call the main school number on 01377 254307, and ask for Mrs Tracy Guild.
Please click the link below to see the East Riding Local Offer: